AB 798: The California College Textbook Affordability Act of 2015
2016 – 2020 Campus Implementation of AB798 Grants
The goal of College Textbook Affordability Act of 2015 (AB 798) is to save college students money by empowering professors and local campuses to adopt high quality, free and open educational resources for courses materials. Assemblywoman Bonilla (sponsor of AB 798) recognized that free and open educational resources can reduce the total cost of education for students and their families in California's higher education institutions.
Program tools supporting your campus plan for textbook affordability:
- Planning Template for your Campus Textbook Affordability ProgramThis link will take you to an external website in a new tab.
- Exemplary practices, tools, templates, marketing, presentations and more from current CCC and CSU textbook affordability programsThis link will take you to an external website in a new tab.
- Resources about OER
AB 798 RFP Archived Information
This Request for Proposals (RFP) FOR BONUS FUNDING FROM AB 798 provided the guidelines, requirements and processes for campuses to submit proposals for their local textbook affordability programs and receive up to $50,000 to implement their program and report on the student savings created by their program.
- RFP for initial funding of AB 798 Documentation (closed)
- 2016 – 2018 Awards GrantedThis link will open a Excel file..xlsx (Round 1 Funding)
- RFP 2018 for AB 798 Bonus Funding Documentation (closed)
- 2018-2010 Awards Granted (Round 2 Funding)